You’re Only Defeated If You Quit
Because of shiny objects, do you keep finding yourself over & again at starting point? I hear this all the time: “My gosh! How long is it going to take me to succeed? How hard must I work? How many hours are too many hours?? I can’t do this anymore, it does NOT work.”
And then, they want to give up. AGAIN…
Let’s be honest. Many young entrepreneurs are looking for a “get-rich-quick scheme” or some type of “instant gratification.” Eyes turned to heaven. a grin on their face, mouth open… tongue sticking out, drooling – they wait for the skies to open and serve the 5 course meal – Drop! Straight into their bellies… All cooked, mashed and digested!!! Tee-hee…!
Well… excuse me. It does NOT work that way… (-_-)
In recent weeks, I’ve had a few wishfully say they’d love to be where I am now. Yet, when I follow up on their progress I see they’re not doing what it takes to get there. You cannot WISH yourself into success.
It takes long hours, a lot of hard work and it’s a huge learning curve. I can remember putting aside many fun things because I put my success first. I didn’t have a hobby; I was serious and doing serious work, determined to see results. My “WHY” got me through it.
I remember a mentor telling me that at first, it would take 80% of my time for 20% of the growth. I can tell you that there was a lot of truth in that statement. I may not be where I want to be but I’m not where I used to be…! I’m on my way there! Woohoo! :) The only way to get there is to put in the work…
Oh, And BEFORE I FORGET!
Personal Development Means:
- Doing things EVEN when afraid.
- Doing it when you don’t feel like it.
- Getting out of your comfortable box.
- Being willing to be stretched out of your comfort zone.
- Being persistent when all you want to do is quit.
- Taking one more step into the darkness.
- Having faith in things unseen. In your mentor.
- Saying NO now because of the YES you want later.
Your Business is Like a GARDEN
To see results, you will have to:
- Be persistent; consistent.
- Work hard & smart.
- Find the best mentors.
- Be willing to learn.
- Change. Change. And change!
- Keep on keeping on!
Let me give you a visual:
- Turn and return your fertile soil.
- Plant your good seed.
- Fertilize and water those seeds consistently.
- Weed out the weeds. Keep the solid plants.
- Solid roots are growing deep into the ground.
- Let the solid plants grow, grow, grow.
- Be patient, harvest is coming soon.
- Be ready for when the harvest comes in.
- Harvest!!! Woohoo! The fruit of all your labor is here… :)
- Repeat the process. Over and over. As many times as YOU desire.
I must say that 90% of the work is PERSONAL Development. Your mindset, belief systems… YUP! There, I said it. Strength of Character. Integrity. Courage. Growth. That is how you become who YOU crave to be. Unless you rise up to the challenge and work, you’ll stay where you are.
If you’re always giving up, whatever you move on to next will always find you back at the start. Duh…! Over and over, NOT growing any solid roots.
Remember the game, “Cliff Hangers” on the Price is Right?
I followed my mentors’ advice. I trusted the leaders and the process. I focused on getting there and not on what I did not yet see. I chug-a-lugged along, doing what I knew to do. I focused on working smarter and not harder. I learned and studied. And studied and learned. I implemented. Again and again.
I got to the point where I could see the seeds I had painstakingly sown start to grow. Plants began to pop up here… then there. Over and everywhere. I began to get noticed. My presence grew and grew. The right people showed up to surround me and to mentor me. Blessings came my way that I could not understand. When I asked the famous question, “Why me?” I was told over and over by leaders “Because we saw your hard work, we knew you were serious and we wanted to invest in you.”
Then one day, the harvest was here!
This is honestly my story. Let me EXPLAIN.
- Perseverance means sticking to it whether the feelings are there or not. Whether you feel like it today or NOT!
- It doesn’t matter if you are seeing results at the moment. Before you see results, you have to put in the time and the hard work.
- It doesn’t even matter if you are seeing the money! :)
Find something you are passionate about, narrow down your WHY, make it important enough that you’ll learn how to succeed at it. STOP the madness. Ask yourself, HOW MANY TIMES WILL YOU QUIT? At the mercy of the next shiny object? It takes time to learn how to succeed.