NO SELF IMPROVEMENT FOR MüLLER!
He was feasting his soul at the banquet table of God.
Per Mueller’s example, it’s plain to see that the first thing of the morning for the child of God is to eat food for the soul. What a great start it is when the soul is refreshed early in the morning!
“The first thing I did… was begin to meditate on the word of God, searching every verse to get a blessing out of it; not for the sake of the public ministry of the word; not for the sake of preaching on what I had meditated upon; but for the sake of obtaining food for my soul.”
- “You miss 100% shots you don’t take.” Wayne Gretzky
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” Theodore Roosevelt
- “Our greatest weakness is giving up. The way to succeed is to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
How to Get Yourself Together In The Morning
Round up Your Tools
- Have your Bible open
- Find a good devotional book
- Use a pretty journal
- Hold your favorite pen
Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 (NIV)
Begin your day with something. Read a portion of scripture, maybe a short devotion. Do it consistently, it’s like building a muscle. Eventually, the muscle will grow and so will you. You’ll want to go – and grow – deeper. You’ll find yourself reflecting – meditating – and journaling what you find.
- Meditation is simply thinking upon the scripture you just read, then letting God speak to you on that scripture.
- Devotionals can be helpful. Read the daily message, then go read the bible verse in your bible and other versions.
- Spend time thinking about what you just read, and pray that God bring anything about that scripture to your mind.
- Journaling is the practice of writing down anything you discover from the scripture or devotion that you’ve read.
- Prayer requests, keep track of those who come up throughout the day. Record answered prayer! :)
- Be thankful.
You can buy cool detailed journals on AMAZON or keep it simple. This is just something between you and God to see, no one else.
Light a candle, get a warm drink, and get comfortable…
Spend quality time with the Saviour.