Confidently Know You Are Saved
THE TRUE CHRISTIAN – DISCIPLE OF CHRIST Being a Christian has everything do with believing “the gospel of our salvation.” The Bible says when we believe in Christ’s completed work, our sins are forgiven & the Holy Spirit takes residence in our life. Ephesians 1:13-14
The BEGINNING of the Christian Life – How Do I Become A Christian?
The Sin Issue
- Why do we need salvation? “Because all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23
- “Sin separates us from God and puts us under the curse.” Ephesians 2:3 That’s bad news.
- What’s worse is no one can do anything to save themselves.
- Since we’re all born into sin, that’s our nature.
Today, Too Many People Blur The Lines Between Religion & Christianity
To understand if you’re a Christian, you need to know who & what a Christian is.
- Not everyone who is religious is saved.
- Saved people are those who’ve believed in Christ Jesus alone for salvation.
How to Become A Christian
- Being a Christian is believing something. That ‘something’ is “the gospel of our salvation”.
- Remember, it’s not how to live the Christian life but how to become a Christian.
You Must Believe
- All have sinned, including you & I. We can’t rescue ourselves from sin. Only Jesus can!
- Acts 4:12 “There’s salvation in no other: none under heaven, by whom we must be saved.”
You Have to Believe
This is how God brought people into the Body of Christ, and how He still does it today. You have to believe. Christ makes this quite clear in His own Words:
- John 5:24 “Truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.”
- Acts 4:4 “Many of those heard the word believed, and the number of men came to about five thousand.”
- Acts 5:14 “And more believers were added to the Lord, multitudes of both men and women.”
- Acts 10:44 “While Peter was still saying these things, the Holy Spirit fell on all who heard the word.”
- Acts 11:24 “For he was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit & faith. A great many people were added to the Lord.”
- Acts 13:38-39 “Let it be known to you, brothers, that through this man forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. By him everyone who believes is freed from everything from which you could not be freed by the law of Moses.“
- Ephesians 1:13 “In him, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation & believed in him, YOU were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.”
- John 1:12 “But to all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.”
- Romans 8:9 “You are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.”
- Romans 8:14-17 “For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear; you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, then heirs — heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.“